Request for Application
To download the Request for Application (RFA) and other relevant documents, please click below:
- 2017 Memorial Affiliate Grant RFA
- 2018 Mammograms Save Lives Grant RFA
- GeMS Grantee Registration & Application Instructions
- Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS)
All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org. Training on use of the GeMS system will occur at the grant workshop referenced below.
Thank you for your interest in the Memorial Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grant Program. Please complete the Grant Application by clicking on the link above. To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community-Based Grant, Applicants must ensure that all past and current Komen-funded grants or awards are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- Mammograms Save Lives License Plate-Mamm Fund Grant – Institutions must be non-profit organizations located in the State of Illinois.
- When initiating an application on GeMS, please make sure to select CGA(B) the Mammograms Save Lives License Plate – Mammogram Fund Grant Application.
- Komen Memorial Affiliate Grants – Institutions must be non-profit organizations located in or providing services to one or more locations within Komen Memorial’s 36-county *Service Area.*Komen Service Area: Bureau, Cass, Champaign, Christian, Coles, De Witt, Douglas, Fayette, Ford, Fulton, Grundy, Hancock, Iroquois, Knox, La Salle, Livingston, Logan, Macon, Marshall, Mason, Macoupin, McDonough, McLean, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Peoria, Piatt, Putnam, Sangamon, Shelby, Stark, Tazewell, Vermillion, Woodford.
- When initiating an application on GeMS, please make sure to select CG – Affiliate Community Health Grants application.
- Small Grants – Institutions must be non-profit organizations located in or providing services to one or more locations within Komen Memorial’s 36-county *Service Area. Small Grants may be requested throughout the year. However, requests for support of travel scholarships, conferences, or other events must be received at least six weeks prior to the event.The application will be completed and submitted on GeMS, https://affiliategrants.komen.org. When initiating an application on GeMS, please make sure to select.Funding requests should not be for projects that provide direct services such screening, diagnostics, or treatment that would normally go through the yearly peer-reviewed Komen Grant process.The applicant must be a non-profit organization with federal tax exemption. Individuals may not receive grants.
- Small Grants – Up to $3,000 to support some of the “unexpected” costs associated with a project. Small Grants are NOT intended to support salary or services for an individual (e.g. mammography, ultrasound), development of materials, etc.
- Educational Grants – Up to $3,000 to raise awareness of breast cancer and increase the capacity of effective breast health programs. Recognition requirements: The Memorial Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® must be recognized in all materials.
- Travel Scholarships – Up to $1,000 per individual to assist grantees, health care professionals and advocates to attend, participate in and/or present at meetings, conferences or symposia that would increase the community knowledge of breast cancer and facilitate the exchange of ideas and communication between the scientific and lay public. Travel scholarship recipients must submit original receipts and a final report.
- Conference Grants – Up to $3,000 to partner with other organizations to support local scientific or educational conferences, with an emphasis on those that enhance the interaction between the advocate, healthcare and scientific communities. The content must focus on breast cancer or breast cancer must make up a significant part of the conference. Recognition requirements: Conference organizers must provide complimentary registration for at least two (2) Affiliate representatives and an Affiliate display area where appropriate. In addition, the Memorial Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure must be recognized in all materials.
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant during this current cycle and will not be eligible to apply for a new grant until the later of 12 months after the conviction or until applicant can demonstrate that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
The grant application process is competitive. Whether or not an organization has received a grant in the past, funding in subsequent years is never guaranteed and depends upon the quality of this application, the quality of the applicant pool, and the funds available for distribution.
Questions regarding Community Grants or the e-Management System should be directed to: